Local Missionary Internship
For graduating college students
College seniors are often plagued with the question “What do I do now?” And if their desire is to be obedient to God’s call on their life then the question goes beyond that and becomes, “What is God’s will for my life?” Our challenge to these students is to commit to living on the mission field for one year.
To prepare for a life on mission, this internship focuses very intentionally on the first year after college graduation. The desired outcome for students is to recognize that following Jesus involves every stage of life in every area of life. At the end of the 1 year commitment, young adults should be trained, experienced, and equipped to continue to living a disciple making lifestyle for the sake of the gospel.
1. To train and equip young leaders for intentional disciple making ministry.
2. To strengthen the church and local organizations through focused, hands-on ministry objectives.
The training will involve:
- Doctrinal and practical teaching by Arrowhead pastors and leaders.
- Mentoring by church staff, leaders, and elders.
- Servant leadership involvement in church ministries.
- Prayer and personal devotion training
- Studying a library of 15-20 books provided by the church
We want an integral part of our DNA as a church to be supporting the move of Christianity across the world. That conviction has led us to begin a campaign to send 50 graduating college students out on the mission field by the year 2040. Simply put, we desire to see young adults who are graduating from college commit to spend their first 2 years out of school on the mission field. We have developed partnerships with the North American Mission Board (NAMB) and the International Mission Board (IMB) in order to connect these students to established church planters and missionaries both nationally and internationally.